Saturday 12 July 2014

Blush Swatches!

I've never been a huge blush person until I got MAC's Mineralise Skinfinish in Scene to be Scene for my birthday last year.. since then I've collected 6 more blushes. Woops! Here are some simple swatches for you all :)



Korres Zea Mays blush in Peach. Very natural and blendable blush, looks sooo natural and I'd say suitable for all skintones. This is my go-to everyday blush when I want a no-makeup makeup look.




Smashbox Halo Blush in Peachy Keen. A matte and extremely pigmented blush, looks very flattering on my NC35 skintone (applied with a light hand!), or if used lightly can look like a natural flush on lighter skintones.


MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in Scene to be Scene. My first ever official blush. There are 2 seperate areas inside the blush with different pigments. The blush on the inside is a shimmery baby pink with subtle golden sparkles, whilst the colour on the outside is a frosted lilac with a slight duochrome finish. The lilac I am still figuring out how to wear, as since it's frost finish it's harder to pull off in everyday looks.

 

theBalm Instain blush in Pinstripe. oh. my. god. this is my absolute favourite blush. Yes it is purple! however don't be daunted - it actually does not apply heavily and gives a unique but wearable effect. I used it in my Ethereal look to create a heavenly glow on the cheeks.


E.L.F studio blush in Twinkle Pink. I really like how subtle the colour is on this blush. It gives a nice touch of shimmer and colour to the cheeks. Unfortunately the staying power is terrible, and lasts about 2-3 hours for me before fading.

theBalm blush in Hot Mama. A very interesting peachy-pink blush with golden shimmer. I've been told it's a more subtle dupe of Nars Orgasm, so without all the glitter explosion. Hmm.. You decide for yourself :P I've pulled an image from google (Pride & Mascara blog) to compare!
 
thebalm Hot Mama
Nars Orgasm
Milani baked blush in Luminoso. All the hype behind this blush I find very valid. It's a peachy-golden blush with subtle shimmer, not sparkle. I can see how it would look very flattering on all skintones.



No comments:

Post a Comment