Saturday 5 July 2014

Everyday Matte Makeup Look

I have a tutorial for those 1 or 2 of you that may be reading this, lol. This is just an everyday, fresh, simple glowy look that takes me about 20-30 min. If you wanted to make it less dramatic, use brown liner on the waterline or no liner at all for a wide-eyed look. :) Hope you enjoy!



So this is my makeup station! I know it's a bit messy, and I feel like I have a wee too many products :P I think I have a problem..



So what you want to do is start off with a fresh face. I've moisturized, dusted with E.L.F HD powder and then concealed in this photo. (I'm using the Wayne Goss foundation application technique - this gives you an AMAZING finish to your foundation. Try it - your foundation will go on a lot less patchy and the staying power is amazing.)




Next, layer on your foundation. I'm using L'Oreal True Match in W4, using my Real Techniques Stippling brush and just stippling the foundation onto the skin. This will help fill in any large pores and create a smoother finish.



Done! You may need to conceal more after this step, however I prefer concealing beforehand.





Now I've filled in my brows and used Essence brow gel to fix them in place - sorry I didn't include photos!
Prime the eyes. I've used E.L.F sheer mineral primer and just patted that all over my lid area. Then I've just patted NYX milk as a base all over my lids.





Now taking a light matte blush shadow, pat it all over the center of your lid. I'm using Urban Decay Naked 3's Limit and Good Karma brush.




Once you've done that, Take a darker matte blush/beige shadow, apply it on the outer corner (the outer third) of your eyelids. Here I'm using Urban Decay Naked 3's Nooner. Don't go any further than the outer third, as you want to achieve a gradient effect. Also don't worry about blending for now, we'll get to that later.





Next, take a matte white shadow and apply is just under the browbone to highlight the brows. I'm using UD Naked 3's Strange.





Finally, take a skin-toned matte shadow and use it to blend the shadows outwards toward the brow-highlight you just created. Be careful you don't blend too high! you want to keep it just under the highlight. I'm taking the light cool matte brown from ChiChi's Natural's Palette. Blend blend blend! Use a wind-screen wiper motion to blend out the harsh edges from your shadow. Don't blend too close to the eyelid or the colours will end up looking muddy. This does take patience and time, so don't be disappointed if you can't get it right the first time - heck, even I don't get it perfect most of the time!





So now that you've blended out your eyeshadow, you want to add liquid liner and create a wing. If you want a less dramatic look, use a pencil or kohl eyeliner and smudge it along the lashline, focusing on the outer third and applying less in the inner corner.

Add highlighter to the bridge of your nose and cheekbones. I've used thebalm's Mary Loumanizer. Add blush just under your highlighter as shown. I've used thebalm's Bahama Mama to give a nice golden-peachy glow. I've also added a tiny bit of bronzer (TheBodyShop Honey bronzer in 030 down the sides of my nose to slim it down, and just under my blush. It's all a layering process.

Apply a nude lipstick.



And you're done! Hopefully you enjoyed viewing this tutorial as much as I enjoyed making it. If you've got any questions, just ask me in the comments. Thanks for viewing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment