Wednesday 16 July 2014

MISSHA The Signature Complexion Co-ordinating BB Cream White Review!

Soo I'm super excited to announce that a friend donated this to me and this post is dedicated to trying it out. Everything is my own opinion, I'm not being paid to say any of this.

Right! So! On with the review...

Product: MISSHA The Signature Complexion Co-ordinating [White] SPF 43



Claims: 
1. Concept
- Pure complexion BB Cream to give skin a clear and luminous glow 
Skin glowing white cream and triple layered color capsules help make a clear and luminous skin.
1. Whitening effect Arbutin, whitening ingredient, Gigawhite from 7 alpine plant extracts and Pomegranate extract express clean and radiant skin tone
2. Firming effect Matrixyl 3000 peptide and Adenosine help care the skin firmed
3. Moisturizing and radiance Instead of water, Lotus flower extract make our skin moisturized and luminous
4. Soothing effect Phytoncide and Cactus extract help coordinate clear complextion

So the concept of this BB cream is really to even out the complexion and cancel out any redness, discolouration or un-evenness in the skintone, whilst also having some sort of skincare element to it (hence the 'firming' and 'whitening' aspects). Honestly I'm not a professional and I can't comment on these aspects since I've only tried this BB cream recently, however I haven't noticed any difference in my skin after using this product for about a week, other than a slightly smoother skintone.

So the product's packaging is interesting. When you open the lid you're supposed to twist it until the desired amount of product comes out. Initially, it will come out as a white cream and when blended onto the skin, will change to 'match' your skintone. Really, I think it would suit someone with NC15-25 skin as my skin seems slightly too dark to wear this alone. I wore a powder foundation (NYX stay matte but not flat) over it to match it to my skintone.



I found that it did indeed even out my skintone however some of my acne scarring and under-eye bags were still visible after applying the product generously in those areas of my face. I found the coverage to be a lot less than other BB creams such as Skin 79's pink BB cream (Super Beblsesh balm triple function), however I think the target market for this particular BB cream would be those who want light coverage and skincare in one.

Here is a before and after photo.


As you can see, my acne scarring is pretty bad on my forehead and I have dark hereditary eyebags. What I did like about this BB cream is that it didn't feel heavy on my skin, and looked really natural, as if I wasn't wearing anything on my skin at all. It felt light and did not settle into any fine lines, which was nice. I noticed a faint floral fragrance that disappeared after about 10-ish minutes.

All in all I think this BB cream would be amazing as a base for your foundation, as it works really well as a "complexion coordinator", and seems to minimize redness and discolouration on the face. It would work well for you if you have a lighter skintone, however I wouldn't recommend this to wear alone if you are like me and have scarring or dark under-eye circles.


No comments:

Post a Comment