Thursday 14 August 2014

Brite Organix!

Soooo having to touch up on my hair can get really fickle and annoying. I've tried a few different red dyes:


  • Manic Panic's Pillarbox red - turned my hair orange after 1 wash
  • Paintbox's Corvette red. dulled and darkened my hair a lot after 2 washes
  • Stargazer Rouge, a really nice pink-toned red. Stayed in for approximately 6-10 washes, really impressed with this brand
  • L'Oreal & Swarzkopf (can't remember which for both of these however the colours were "Ruby Red" aka pink-toned red), both of which turned out to be quite dark however the colours did not run and stayed for a good 20 washes.
Today, being sick, I decided to look into a new Australian brand that recently started being stocked at Woolworthes called "Brite Organix".. I had a friend recently dye her hair using Pink Power and it looked so amazing, I thought it could be worth a shot using their Red Is Just Fabulous to touch up my hair.


This product retaisl for $9.95 AUD at Woolworths - a lot cheaper than most other semi-permanent hair dyes! So thought I'd give it a go and put a bit in my conditioner..

And here's the end result:

Revlon Matte Balm in Shameless

I know it's hard to tell, but I did notice it gave my hair a nice pink-red tinge which is exactly what I'm looking for. Definitely worth the pricetag and will update with before/after pics the next time I dye my hair :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Thats such a cool colour on you! I never dared to dye my hair that colour, but its gorgeous!
    http://www.liveshoptravel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi =) can i please find out if this might work if my hair is unbleached and is dyed brown?

    ReplyDelete