Thursday 7 August 2014

Mini Haul / Model's Prefer Infinite Colour Foundation Review

Hello to my nonexistant readers! If you do happen to read my blog, sorry for the irregular posts. Just been suuper lazy and getting back into the swing of uni/things. I got paid today so I decided to treat myself to a small haul of things at Priceline.. Which hopefully turn out to be good investments! Altogether it cost me $10.70 which is actually pretty good for Australian prices. Onto the items...

  1. Essence Liquid Ink Waterproof liner
  2. Essence Get Big! lashes Waterproof mascara
  3. Models Prefer Infinite Colour foundation in Medium Beige

The Models Prefer foundation caught my eye as it was on sale for $1.40! holy crap. At first I was sceptical - was there something wrong with it? Nope, completely sealed, no leakage or broken-ness. So hell, I thought, why not give it a go?

I swatched the Essence liquid eyeliner instore and was really impressed by the staying power. I compared the non-waterproof one to the waterproof and there was a world of difference- the waterproof liner stayed mostly put when I rubbed it, didn't smudge, and held its colour. At $4.10 a pop, definitely worth investing into over a $15 maybelline gel liner (which I still love to use due to the brush and gel pot), however staying power is meh and it tends to rub off easily (for me anyway).

Here is the comparison of Essence Get Big! Lashes mascara:

Covergirl LashBlast Mascara + Essence Get Big! Lashes layered ontop
Covergirl LashBlash Mascara only














So I already had my Covergirl LashBlast Volume waterproof mascara on, so I decided to layer the Essence over the top to see how it would look.

Honestly I saw a huge difference - the pictures don't do it justice. I'll have to try it without the Covergirl mascara to see how it works by itself. Will update soon enough!

Onto the Models Prefer foundation...


Swatched in natural light
So as you can see, it seems to match my skintone pretty well. How lucky :P

Moisturizer only (BEFORE)
With MP foundation (AFTER)

So as you can probably see, it is a light-medium coverage foundation and it feels quite light on the skin, which I really like. It doesn't sink into the pores or settle into lines (I have fine lines around the middle of my brows, because, well, I guess I have animated expressions). At the end of a 7 hour shift, I noticed it had rubbed off a bit in my t-zone/nose area, but that was probably because I was blowing it so much because I'm sick. Otherwise it had worn pretty well and I'm pretty chuffed for how much I got it for. This foundation retails for $16.99 in Priceline Australia - which is cheaper than most other chemist foundations - so if you're looking for a light-medium coverage foundation this could be for you!

PROS:
  • Doesn't settle into pores/fine lines
  • Lightweight
  • Smooth, demi-matte almost dewy finish
  • Evens skin-tone, natural-looking finish
  • Non-cakey
  • 5-7hr weartime
  • Neutral undertones so can be worn by warm or cool undertones 
  • Wide colour selection catering more fore pale skintones
CONS:
  • Packed with silicones! Beware if you have skin which is sensitive to silicone primers/foundations
  • rubs off easily
  • has a slightly greasy feel due to demi-matte nature
  • No SPF.. this could be a PRO if you want to use it for flash photography though!
I hope this helped you out, if you have any questions please let me know in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment